Consumer Class Actions
For over a decade, our lawyers have been committed to helping consumers, insureds, employees, borrowers, and other individuals who have been wronged by corporations but do not have the resources to pursue lawsuits on their own. Milstein, Jackson, Fairchild & Wade has prevailed in nationwide class actions against leaders in a multitude of industries, including consumer products, insurance companies, retailers, pharmaceutical companies and financial institutions. Our class action practice spans a variety of subject areas, including false and misleading advertising, unfair competition, deceptive business practices, consumer fraud, product defects, civil rights and employment matters.
As the law evolves and companies find new ways to maximize profits at the expense of consumers, employees and insureds, our firm has the knowledge and resources to quickly respond and protect our clients. Below are some of the types of cases our lawyers handle on a routine basis:
- False and misleading advertising of consumer products, including pharmaceuticals, dietary supplements, food and beverages, cosmetics and personal care
- Automatic renewal of paid subscriptions resulting in ongoing charges to consumers’ credit card and payment accounts without the consumers’ explicit consent
- Defective products, including component parts in new construction, defective windows and siding, automobile parts, home and garden products and consumer electronics
- Employees who have been discriminated against, denied their meal and rest periods, denied overtime compensation and have been wrongfully terminated
- Violations of the Americans with Disabilities Act, including barriers to wheelchair accessible entrances and inaccessibility to transportation
- Antitrust matters that directly impact the consumer, including alleged “pay for delay” of generic pharmaceuticals and unlawfully tying the sale of two products
- Bait-and-switch tactics by telemarketers and door-to-door solicitors
- Unsolicited telephone calls to mobile phones and “junk” faxes
- Misrepresentations by tax preparation companies, including refund anticipation loans and unreasonable hidden fees
- Privacy and data security, including security breaches and unauthorized disclosure of personal information
- Insurance bad faith and allegations of consumer fraud and financial abuse of the elderly in the sale and marketing of long-term care insurance policies
This experience enables us to provide insightful, strategic, and practical solutions for our clients and groups of similarly-situated individuals.
We regularly serve as court-appointed class counsel in California and federal courts across the country, including cases coordinated through the Judicial Panel for Multidistrict Litigation.